Wed, Mar 08|
2nd Annual Plein Air Painting Competition
We welcome you to our second annual Celebration of the Arts Plein Air Painting Festival! Join us for fun and camaraderie with your friends and peers on the beautiful grounds of Hawks Inn Historical Society. AWARDS: First Place $500, Second Place $300, Third Place $150, Honorable Mention (4) $50.
Time & Location
Mar 08, 2023, 3:03 PM – 3:18 PM
Delafield, 426 Wells St, Delafield, WI 53018, USA
About the event
CALL FOR ART!!!
PEWAUKEE AREA ARTS COUNCIL 2ND ANNUAL PLEIN AIR PAINTING FESTIVAL
At the LAKE COUNTRY ART& GARDEN TOUR CELEBRATION OF THE ARTS!
Saturday, August 19, 2023
Registration 7-9am - Paint 7am-1pm
Hawks Inn 426 Wells Street, Delafield, Wisconsin
Please come to help make Lake Country an important art destination! Join us for fun and camaraderie with your friends and peers on the beautiful grounds of Hawks Inn Historical Society and downtown Delafield area. Enjoy other family-friendly activities celebrating the arts throughout the day: Art in Bloom, live music, live poetry, community art, art demonstrations and theater performances.
Don’t Miss Out!
· $20 ENTRANCE FEE payable online at PewaukeeArts.org received by August 15, 2023
· $25 ENTRANCE FEE walk on registration day of event
· First Place $500
· Second Place $300
· Third Place $150
· Honorable Mention (4) $50
· Open to all artists
· To pay online and for more information please go to www.Pewaukeearts.org
CHECK IN/SET UP
· ALL ARTISTS must check in at the Plein Air Registration Table between 7-9am (follow signage at Hawks Inn)
· BLANK CANVASES/BOARDS MUST be stamped on the back at the registration table, regardless when you arrive, prior to starting to paint. This ensures that all submitted work has been created during the event. Unstamped works will not be eligible for judging.
· ALL PIECES submitted for judging must be completed, signed, framed and wired, and turned in for judging by 12:45pm
PLEIN AIR ART GUIDELINES
· CHECK IN STAMP must be visible on the back of each piece of art to be considered for judging
· A MAP will be provided upon check in the day of the event
· A PIECE will not be considered for judging if the artist is standing outside the boundaries depicted on the map (see map provided)
· Artists may paint the Hawks Inn property or anything else they choose as long as they are within the event boundaries. A MAP will be provided upon check-in the day of the event
· 100% of each artwork must be created onsite, within the event venue boundaries (see map provided)
· ARTISTS may paint as many pictures as they choose on the August 19 but only one may be submitted for judging
· All paintings must be appropriately framed and wired for hanging. The plein air coordinators reserve the right to refuse any improperly framed artworks including alligator hangers, stained mats, damaged frames or wet canvas edges
· MEDIA may include oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, gouache, inks and/or pencils
· PAAC will retain a 35% commission on all sales of paintings submitted for judging & sales
· TWO OTHER PAINTINGS in addition to the one submitted for judging, either painted that day or painted on an earlier date, may be sold on site. Display racks will be provided for display of these extra artworks
· ALL SALES PAYMENTS must be made to PAAC. The artist will then be sent a check for the 65% remaining balance within two weeks to address provided on the reservation form.
· ALL ARTWORK shall have artist’s name, telephone number and price on each painting back
· ALL ARTWORK will be sold at the prices selected by the artist
· PRICE CHANGES will not be allowed after artwork submission
· ALL SUBMITTED artwork must be for sale. Please no off-easel sales
Judging will take place at 1pm on Saturday, August 19, 2023, at the viewing area on the Hawks Inn property
· Artist awards will be announced immediately after judging is completed
· Photos of award winners will be taken following announcements
· Sales will be open to the public until the close of the evening’s events at approximately 6pm.
· Following the awards presentation plein air art will be displayed for sale on the Hawks Inn premises until 6pm. The plein air committee strongly urges artists to remain onsite until 6pm
· All unsold artworks must be picked up by the artist or a designated agent at 6pm
Artists may unload and load their materials in the zone along Pamelia Street indicated on the map. You will be advised where to park upon unloading.